Friday, July 29, 2011

Something's Missing

I recently joined a great community for Pagans called WitchForum.net. There are a lot of really great people there and those great people are full of great information (which they are willing to share). Everyone has been very nice and helpful. I find myself drawn to their supernatural and paranormal encounters section and tonight, as I was reading some of the various topics other users have posted, I realized that there is something missing from my life. Story time!

I grew up in the same house my mom grew up in. It was a neighborhood I always felt safe in. Our neighbors were the same couple that had lived there since my mom was a child, so we were all very close. As I got older, I became aware of strange things happening in the house and around the neighborhood. I could go on forever with the stories, but I will just say that many of the strange things were supernatural in nature, and I was not the only one who saw them (or heard them; or felt them).

During my Naval training, I was stationed at a base that had been an airfield (I have mentioned in previous posts) and I had some pretty terrifying encounters with the supernatural while I was there. I went to the Mediterranean on my first ship. Though the ship was relatively safe (it had been commissioned the same year I joined), the same cannot be said about the all of the ports we visited. I saw several shadow people in Venice, as well as having a creature I could feel but not see physically attack me at one of our stops in Spain (I had three claw-marks across my back to prove it).

I bought a house in Virginia while I was stationed there. My ex talked me into it; I wanted the cute ranch-style house, but he insisted on a too-big, two-story duplex. I could not look at or go near the detached garage without feeling like it was watching me (with sinister intent). Early mornings, when I would wait for my friend to pick me up from work, I would sit on the front porch steps and watch cat-sized shadows dash back and forth across the street.

My second ship, significantly older than the first, was haunted by multiple spirits. The most notable being that of a young girl with curly hair. During a Tiger Cruise, she was playing in one of the ladder wells near the armory. She lost her grip and fell. I never did see her, but I knew several who did; she liked to play hide and seek or step out and scare people who went further down than the armory.

Finally, when I was discharged from the Navy, I returned home. The house I am currently living in is only about 20 years old, as is the rest of the neighborhood. It is a beautiful house and I love it, but there is something missing. All my life, I have been surrounded by the supernatural and it just does not exist in this house. I find myself missing the sinister feeling I would get when my "stalkers" were near; I would always cast a spell of protection or warding or banishing to get rid of them for a while, but they always came back. I miss watching the shadow-creatures playing in the moonlight. And I miss feeling anything supernatural happening.

Perhaps when I move I will find a house with a bit of history to it so I can grasp that supernatural presence again.

No comments:

Post a Comment