Monday, July 25, 2011

Deja Vu

For several months before my return to Paganism, I would have these strange episodes of deja vu. They were the most extreme in December. It wasn't just that I had experienced something similar, but I already knew exactly what was going to happen next. I would become dizzy and nauseated, and then I would just know. The most vivid was such a simple event: I was driving home from work and chatting on the phone with my fiance (using a headset, of course). I felt the dizziness and nausea, and suddenly I knew exactly how the conversation would pan out; every joke, every detail, every sigh. I even knew that I would be seeing a wild rabbit bolt across the road ahead of me.

Now, I have done as much reading as I can on the subject, but since deja vu cannot be predicted, it is very difficult to for scientists to study in order to determine a cause. Now, being the open-minded person I am, I do not think that all things can be explained by science. This is one of those things. Instead, I like to think that these incidents were more a message from a guardian or guide to be on my toes. I have a very good reason for this line of thinking. Though I can't recall every incident of deja vu, the one mentioned above sticks out in my mind for another reason: it saved my life. I am the type of person who, if I think I can make it through a yellow light, I will speed up a bit. In my deja vu haze, I myself stopping like a good girl and another car blast through the intersection just as the light turned red for me to stop. Without that knowing that I needed to stop, I would have rolled through and been hit by the other car.

While I'm not certain what unseen entities surround us all daily, I am thankful that they are here and that st least some of them are benevolent and extremely helpful.

Blessed Be

No comments:

Post a Comment