Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Energy Works

Not everyone believes that they have the power to influence others. I know I didn't used to. When I was 18, I thought it was completely ridiculous to think that my moods or thoughts had any effect on those around me. I have since learned better. I was 19 the first time I realized that I could manipulate energy. As with many other life lessons, I had no idea the possibilities that were about to be presented.

It was an innocent mistake. My friends and I were standing around, joking as usual and playing with our lighters. We'd flip open our Zippos, watch the flame for a few second, then flip them closed and enjoy their warmth. I had started a game of sorts, to challenge my friends to which of us could tolerate the most heat, leaving the lighter burn a little longer each time. Unfortunately, a still-opened lighter slipped from one friend's grasp and fell on another's hand, burning him pretty bad. I, being curious and always ready to help, took his hand gently...at least, I tried to. As soon as my fingers touched him, he pulled his hand back as if I'd shocked him. After a mini-interrogation, in which I revealed that I was feeling concern and a desire to help my friend heal as I reached out to take his hand, I was told that he could feel a jolt of energy from me that had instantly cooled his burned hand.

Several days passed and, as expected, the wound began to heal, but at a greatly accelerated rate. By the time one week had passed, it was completely healed, leaving only a scar in the waffle-pattern of the flame guard of a Zippo lighter.


After that, I had several lessons on the responsible use of energy and have since experimented a few times, just to make sure I can still do it. In the 12 years since that first incident, I have lessened pain from injuries and helped people heal, as well as changing the mood of a room from negative to positive, making small changed in the weather, on one occasion making a very significant change in the weather, and many other things.

I learned that it is possible to make changes to those around me if I can focus on doing so. But there is also a cautionary tale to go along with this little anecdote: as with everything else in magick, the intent plays a part on the outcome of what you do. In my example above, I only wanted to help my friend, and it had miraculous results. However, I have done things in the past with purely selfish intent, not caring who was hurt in the process. And let me tell you something, Karma will come back to bite you in the butt when people get hurt because of a spell you cast. It's not pleasant.

Learn from my mistakes, be careful what you do when it comes to energy manipulation. It is more rewarding by far to use your skills to help others than to do harm on those who have hurt you. Just a little something to think about.

Blessed Be

No comments:

Post a Comment