Friday, July 22, 2011

Not Much Fun

The past week has been filled with negativity. It all started with my modem dying last Wednesday. I have been listening to peaceful, calming music for days now and it doesn't seem to help calm my mind at all. The worst part is that I feel as though my life is spiraling into a pit of despair and there is nothing I can do to stop it. If I take a few deep breaths I can focus my mind, but it doesn't last. I feel as if there is something forcing the negativity into my very soul, and until I can figure out what that thing is, the days are just going to seem worse.

Perhaps the problem is that I am keeping secrets from my family. I hadn't really thought about it before, but I haven't told my parents that I decided to go back to school. Why not? For the same reason I haven't told them about my spiritual and religious beliefs: I am afraid of a negative, non-supportive response. Every decision in my life boils down to that one little thing. I am afraid of my parents' disapproval.

What I need is a way to let go of that fear and become confident in my choices. If anyone out there has a spell for releasing negative energy from your life, or letting go of your fears, please share. I would love a little bit of help right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment