Sunday, July 10, 2011

Music is Powerful

I went to a baseball game last night. It's been years since I went to any sporting event and I forgot that they have someone sing the National Anthem before the game starts. Now, I'm pretty sure there weren't many (if any) other Pagans in the audience, but that made no difference. There was a great deal of positive energy flowing from and through the crowd as we all stood and listened. And as I stood there, I realized that music can influence is a magical thing. Music has the power to influence large groups of people; it can induce feelings of peace and love and joy, or it can fill a room with anger and hatred. It is a truly amazing thing.

I am going to start incorporating music into my meditation and prayer. Since certain songs can raise my energy levels, it seems reasonable to believe that it can assist in anything I do which requires focused energy (meditation, spells, rituals) and thus increase the likelihood of success.

Last night, I felt something in that crowd that I haven't felt in a very long time: true patriotism, love for our country, and a unity of spirit and mind throughout the stadium I didn't realize existed anymore. And it was a beautiful moment that I will remember and cherish.

Blessed Be

No comments:

Post a Comment