Friday, January 13, 2012

Day Twenty-nine


“Self-reflection is more than just the means and the end of self-examination and self-rectification; it is the path which leads to the consecration of self-realization.”

With my schedule a little more limited this week, I have decided to cut back to every-other day until I can work out the proper balance of time each day for all I have to accomplish. Hopefully I will be back to daily meditations once I can get my schedule under control.

I’ve been working on this project for around a month now, and the daily reflection has helped me to better understand my true nature. It’s funny, I was thinking about it before I even opened my laptop to find out today’s reflection; I have to say that at this point, I’m not terribly impressed. As much as I would like to say that I am doing so much for others since I began, I have truly just become more selfish than ever before.

Don’t get me wrong, I am doing more each day that benefits others, but I am not doing it solely for the benefit of those others. I am really doing it for me; I do nice things so that people will acknowledge me and tell me how wonderful I am. And when I don’t get my way…well, let’s just say I’m not a very nice person when I don’t get my way. That’s not to say that I throw a fit or beat the crap out of people; I’m more subtle than that.

This project was supposed to help me find balance, and I suppose it’s working grandly, as I am far more accepting of who I am compared to how accepting I was a month ago when this all began.

I can’t say whether or not I will truly become a better person when this is all said and done, but I do know that I will know exactly who I am and what I am capable of.

Blessed Be

No comments:

Post a Comment