Friday, January 6, 2012

Day Twenty-Five


“Peace that arises from compassion pacifies fear just as water puts out fire.”

Now, I know what you’re thinking: we’re back on compassion AGAIN? Of course we are. I know I realized it long before today, but all of the lessons eventually tie back into each other. I’m a bit on the sick side tonight, so I’m going to make it as brief as I can (so I can crawl into bed and go to sleep).

Compassion is a wonderful thing. It’s magical in its own right, really. So it makes sense to say that peace that is brought about by an act of compassion will help negate a person’s fears (or the fears of many people). Let’s take a random selfless act: my daughter’s Girl Scout troop collects food donations for a local family who isn’t able to make the ends meet. That is a great act of compassion, and the fears of that family will be silenced – at least for a time – which will bring about a less stressful time for the parents (which will, in turn, bring about a sense of peace).

If you’re not following, it may be because my logic isn’t entirely sound when I have the flu. That is the best way I could describe it at the moment, and even if you don’t know what I mean, at least I know. That’s it for now, as I’m being overcome by sleep.

Goodnight and Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment