Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day Two


“Action that arises from the motivation of awakening mind can always be counted upon to deliver the right kind of fruition.”

                I felt part of yesterday’s resolve slipping during today’s morning traffic. Luckily, as the day continued I could feel the peace creeping back into the center of my being. After a rather full work day, I came home to an evening of chores and helping with homework. However, I was able to take a short amount of time to myself for today’s lesson. 

                I recently experienced an awakening; not of my mind, but of my heart. It is a strange thing, feeling something so powerful one day, only to wake up the next and realize it was all a lie. No matter how much I may have wanted to close my eyes and keep believing the lie (and I did try), I knew that I would never believe it again.

                An awakening of the mind is very similar. It is when you realize that there is more to life than you. If you have not yet been awakened in this way, then you are (in my opinion) missing out. As with my compassion, I am on the path to awakening. My eyes are slowly opening to the truth that is all around me. As much as I want it to sometimes, the world does not revolve around me; there are many others that I must share it with, and though some may have it better, there are those who have it worse.

                With this in mind, I come to the conclusion of today’s lesson. The acts of someone who is awakening (or has already done so) are for the good of others, and not for selfish reasons. Because of this, the outcome will be beneficial to many instead of just to one.

No comments:

Post a Comment